วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 29 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2565

Upside-Down Railway Bridge

Before "So long Trip 1" was launched on Decomber 22, 2022, I wrote that the upside-down railway bridge in Ban Ton Phueng is a must for me to pay a close looking.


The upside-down railroad bridge in Lockport was built in 1902 by King Bridge Company of Cleveland, Ohio, 57.9 meters long, 2.68 meters, and 120.4 meters structurally long. Its structure is upside-down to limit the size of boats passing the Erie canal.

December 23, 2022, Banian and I joyfully arrived in Ban Ton Phueng at 3.02 PM. We were the only passengers who got off train 408.


The railwayman told me that the upside-down bridge I was looking for was about 2 km. from the station. I cycled along the peaceful road up north through a school, a temple, a concrete bridge, and a small village. 

 

 


It was 3.30 PM when I stopped at the destination bridge, watching the sun hiding behind big trees.

 

Upside-Down Railroad Bridge in Ban Tonphueng, Uttaradit, was built during the second world war. While the allied bombed the railway line used by Japan to transport weapons, looking for a bridge, viewed from the air, the bridge looked like a usual railroad, not a bridge.








 

Time to go back...


 
Upside-down bridges are rare. I was glad to see one and take pictures for you, friends.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น